THIRTY MINUTES

Thirty minutes had passed, and nothing. Silence engulfs the atmosphere in this god-forsaken house. The constant thrashing, bashing and the crack of glass not to be heard. The silence was deafening. The blood in my veins stopped moving. Was this true? Where is she?

"Mom?", I called out from the safety of my room. This four-walled room is the space where my thoughts and feelings roam free. As I was lost in thought, the door to my haven opened with utmost force. There stood the woman who was once the person I love the most. Her eyes once filled with soul and utter happiness now became a void for all the darkness in the world. The once sweet and loving smile now became the thing I fear the most. This person was once called mom but now considered a monster. 

A cynical smile was plastered on her dry and pale skin. God, what was running through her mind. Then she did the most random and shocking thing. She baked me a cake. She remembered today was my birthday! The feelings rushing through my veins couldn't be explained. Is she back? She came closer and I let her. "Happy Birthday my baby," she uttered sluggishly. She practically shoved the cake into my mouth. It was then that my heart dropped. The cake had a special frosting in between it, maggots. " I baked what you deserve to eat bitch." Those words were screamed out and the woman that was once kind stomped out my room leaving me depressed with my thoughts and a mouth full of cake with maggot frosting. I knew it was too good to be true.

It all started 2 years ago when my asshole of a dad left us. What a fucking cliché! 16 years of marriage didn't mean a flying fuck to him. The thing that killed and broke mom the most was the fact that my fucker of a dad remarried with my mom's little sister who was exactly 10 years my senior. They even had the freaking audacity to move into the same goddamn neighbourhood. Mom was push off the edge. Not only she lost the love of her life but she also lost one of her sister over that asshole. The moment the divorce was done, mom found solace through a bottled-up brown liquid named Jack Daniel's. She blamed me for her failed marriage. I believed her for months on end!

Tomorrow is their damn wedding anniversary. All of hell will break lose. God no wonder mom blamed me. Wait a minute. Why should mom suffer alone? After all it is that heinous beast I once called dad's fault. He should suffer the wrath to. At that very moment, a forbidden yet intriguing thought popped into my head almost out of nowhere. I will grant the most special anniversary gift that a loving daughter could give a mother lost in grief. Today my dad's head would literally be served on a shiny silver platter. If mom is the devil's own spawn then it makes me the rightful angel of death.

Ideas and plans begin to burst in my mind on how to prepare my unique gift. I went down to our  hauntingly dark basement and took out a small revolver. What an idiot that guy, he left his gun in this hellhole. Perfect.

I mustn't be hasty. This concoction of my brain should be executed with perfection and not a flaw in sight. That night, like angel of darkness, I crept into the house of the one who brought me suffer. I was equipped with a bottle filled to the brim with pig's blood. Don't ask me how I got it. The entry was as easy as murder. That fucker and his wife left the key under the damn doormat. As I entered, I began to cover the walls with pig's blood. I spent my precious time writing profanities that could drive the average human to the brink of madness. The bastard was all alone tonight. This made my job a million times easier.

After finishing my masterpieces on the wall. I began to ascend the stairs with a menacing smile plastered on my angelic face. I went in for the kill. The bullets he once collected now were cemented between his eyes. I wore gloves and I made it look as though as the guilt of leaving his beloved family ate him alive and he just couldn't handle it anymore. 

The very next morning, news spread about that asshole's untimely "suicide". Oh what joy it brought to my mom's face when she found out that the cause of her sorrow is diminished in a such unspoken and gory way. I could also feel the joy spreading itself in me. It's true after all like mother, like daughter



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For you.